Thursday, December 6, 2012

Who are you?

I once heard, that its not about what you do in life, its about who you are. That statement couldn't be more true....When your life is over is it really going to matter if you were the most popular girl in school, or had the most friends? The people who matter, the ones who are by your side the most are going to remember you for who you were, the person who made them laugh, or who let them cry on your shoulder, your faith in God, you taste in music, the quirky faces you made when you were happy, sad or even mad.

So remember that the next time you get discouraged when something doesn't work out the way you want it to, or you don't accomplish everything you set your mind to...because honestly nothing is perfect, that's life and you being you, and trying to be all that YOU can be is what i comes down to in the end. I often struggle with this myself, because lets face it failing is hard! NOT fitting in is even harder sometimes, and even in adult life its something that happens.

You look at other peoples lives and think man they have it so easy! I wish I could get a job like theirs, or I want a husband like hers, or the worst...wishing you had the money someone else did. Reality is we have no idea what happens behind closed doors, even in our friends and families lives. Things are not always as they appear, and they are definitely not always black and white. I think that if we stop worrying so much about other people, and their happiness, maybe more of us would be happy. I don't know if it is human nature, or just who we've all turned into over the years, but we judge, and get judged whether we want to admit it or not. I am in no way saying I'm innocent here, but its something I struggle with daily. My guess is, a lot of other people struggle with is as well, even guys/men, (just probably not as much as us women). We probably judge more on looks than anything else, but I guess the only saying "first appearances are the most important" is probably true. Well I'll leave yall out in the blogging world to ponder on that....from my heart to yours, be happy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment