Sunday, December 16, 2012

Life as we know it..

Sorry for the delay my blogging friends! I have been working a lot and have not had time to sit down on the computer!


I have been thinking about this the last couple days though....what if your life was portrayed in a movie? Would it be interesting? A drama? A romance? Have you done anything exciting that's worth being in a movie? Even though I am happy with my life I can't help but think that its boring. I feel like nothing exciting ever happens, and I guess that I am just not looking at it clearly. I find myself looking into Tv shows and books and wishing I could do what they do, but then again, I have my own little love story to tell with my husband. I don't know, it's just something that's been running through my mind and I needed to put it out there.


I have been re-reading one of my book series, and its the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld and basically its a series of 4 books. It breaks down to talk about a city, a new city thats based in the future where everyone has an operation at 16 that makes them "pretty." Making everyone look a like, but the truth behind the operation is not only do they alter your body...they alter your mind as well. I can't help but think is what if we lived in a world like that.  Can you imagine looking like everyone else in the world? Everyone being perfect? I can see some advantages (SOME), like disease and obesity and things. (Because the city feeds you and keeps you healthy...basically controls you) but other than that, you would never know what it feels like to be different. you would loose ALL creativity, individuality....I can't even imagine it. Its like you loose your brain, the city thinks for you, takes over you, makes you who they want you to be. When you first look at the books its as if they are all about appearance, but it goes deeper then that. It makes me thankful for the freedom that we have today. I personally hate to be controlled, and I couldn't imagine living somewhere that controlled every aspect of our lives.

If you havn't read the series I defenitley suggest you do.




From my heart to yours....happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the ugly series is in my to read list on goodreads! I will definitely bump it up to read it sooner! I read his Midnighters series and enjoyed it. I really like your blog, glad you commented! you have a new reader!

    ReplyDelete