Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Friendship is another word for family

Meet one of my oldest friends. I have known her since middle school, and what hurts the most is when she was having trouble with her husband she didn't come to me. For the longest time, she was all I had....We told each other everything, with no judgement. We have always been close, what I want to know is what changed? She said that she wasn't talking to anyone about what was going on in her life....but maybe I didn't put myself out there for her to talk to me? A lot goes through my mind when I think of her, memories...good and bad, fights and arguments, late night sleep overs and lots of text messaging. I dedicate this post today mainly because I miss her...and partly because we are reconciling.  I guess that's what true friendship is all about, the hard times and the great times. Friendship takes two, and that's something I have learned over the years. Its not like in high school when you saw each other day, fighting one day making up the next, adult life is when you NEED your friends more then you needed them, its when adult problems arise and you need someone who can understand. Its not about how many friends you have, its about how many of them stand by you when you need them the most. Friendship is love, and a lot of friendships turn into family.

From my heart to yours, Happy Blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment