Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Heartland...and reality

So I've been watching this show lately and its called Heartland, I immediatley fell in love with it on netflix, unfortunatley it's a Canadian based show and netflix only has season 1 through half of season 3 available to watch, but anyways on to my point. I am now on season 6, caught up with the current episodes waiting on next weeks and its like my fantasy land. It makes me wish I grew up around animals, especially horses. NOT that I am totally against where I grew up, I love my parents and they provided for me exceptionally, oh well, dreams can go into my adult life right? (ha when i win the lottery, then I'll have my dream ranch!)

Speaking of adult life, you know how when we were kids we all wanted to grow up, well growing up isn't all its cracked up to be. I love my husband and the life we are building together, but things were definitely easier living under my parents roof, (despite all the rules hehe). In a way I can't wait to start a family, raise our children and give them all my parents gave me, but in another way that scares me to death. Once you become a parent you are 100 % responsible for another persons life, there is no half ass doing it when it comes to parenting, your whole world changes. We also wont have the help of grandparents to babysit, so hello daycare! I've heard so many horror stories about daycare, but is it really that bad?  hmph, I have no idea. It's not like we really have to be thinking about this anytime soon but the thoughts do cross my mind.

So I have been writing a novel for the past year....which is a big step for me. I normally start something and never finish it, and I have about 2 and half chapters, over 12000 words. I am pretty proud of myself for getting this far, my goal is just to finish it. I started this blog to give me some downtime in between writing it. I haven't thought of a title for it yet, but I figured the more I write, the closer to a title I will get. The title is what draws people in, its what makes you want to pick up the book and find out more. It just seems to me, that is should be perfect. Anyone disagree? For those of you who don't know (that is if anyone is reading this) my book is about a girl who is 17, her name is Roxy. She was born to replace her sister who died, and her mother is doing everything into her power to turn her into the perfect daughter that died. Dance is a major factor in the whole book, and Roxy falls in love, and learns to follow her own heart, and stand up to her mom. Just to share the first paragraph, (but thats all I will share)....

 I was born to replace my sister. My name is Roxanne Hope Fields, but most people just call me Roxy. I was born on a fall October day almost seventeen years ago, in Greenville Alabama. I was born to re-create the daughter that died. This I am reminded of every day. The only problem is I am not the daughter my mother wants me to be.


Next...I am so tired of being a night owl. I want to transform myself into a morning person. I get NOTHING done being a night owl. I stay up all night unable to sleep, but then I sleep all day. Its frustrating. I guess its mainly my fault for getting so distracted with my book, or tv shows.....

.....The only one who can change YOU is yourself.
 
on that note, its 1:00 AM, so I'm going to try to drop the night owl title and head to bed.

From my heart to yours <3 goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment