Thursday, December 6, 2012

From the South

Being from the south is something we all take pride in, (that is if your from the south), but what makes  a true southerner? Sweet tea and cow boy boots? I think not, even though those are two wonderful things, a southerner is all about having manners, treating a lady right, listening to your mama, saying "bless your heart," and always saying grace. Being southern means having manners (and momma enforcing them!),having a big heart, helping out your neighbors,having faith in God, keeping a bible close and keeping up with your families traditions. I read something on a website one day that just really hit being southern on the nose "Southern means caring and paying attention to details and giving your guests your best-- materially, socially, and spiritually. Southern means taking time to smell the roses in concert with others." (source: http://www.greensborodailyphoto.com/2011/07/southern.html) I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, down south we have an accent and most of us hunt and fish and wear out our jeans but being southern is a whole lot more than that. The south is where you come from, and its where I want to stay. Sweet tea is our water, NASCAR & college football are family gatherings, and family is always first. You haven't had hospitality until youve been in a southern home! We like our country music loud and our trucks big, and I personally like my man in wranglers. Yall and aint are apart of our vocabulary, and not because we don't speak properly, its just how we were raised.

From my heart to yours, my thoughts on being southern.

5 comments:

  1. Loved it!! I just found your blog through the southern bloggers link!! I am also in NC.
    I am your newest follower and looking forward to reading more!! I hope you have a blessed day!!!
    Cat @ This Little Life of MIne
    http://southernsoulshining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice to meet another blogger from NC! I am also following your blog, and can't wait to read more. Nice to meet you :)

      Heather <3

      Delete
    2. I just saw on the NC bloggers link you and I are really close to each other :) Like 30-45 minutes ..cool :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I am from Georgia and am so grateful I have been raised in the South all my life. When I was 2 my parents randomly moved to Oregon, Within 9 months they had moved back home because they said everyone was so rude! My mom said she would be in the grocery store and say hey to someone and they would look at her like she was crazy! But that's how we do down South.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Hi, Great post.  I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you. 

    ReplyDelete