Sunday, April 6, 2014

Getting Fit for Summer, making lifestyle changes

Its a new year, and I've already wasted 3 months. I am ready to get a move on and get fit. I have gained so much weight over the years and I am ridiculously unhappy with myself. Loosing weight is a battle, but its also a major life style change. A big problem for me is I am a very picky eater and I also have to be very careful because I get sick with my stomach so easily. I have tried to eat more vegetables, and I love salads, but salads are the worst on a problem stomach, and I can only eat them about once or twice a week. So I've decided that I'm going to do what I did last time that I lost about 20lbs ( gained 10 back), and that is pushing myself and exercising with change the amount of food I eat in a day and watching my portion sizes. Now I know that all of the health guru's out there are going to tell me I'm going about this the wrong way but I have to try it my way first. (I'm one stubborn southern girl!)

So I am going to sign up with a friend at the gym she works out at and go 3 days a week, sometimes 4, and then use my Jillian Michaels (love her!) videos at home

I also have to report that my husband and I are quitting smoking, we are both down to 3 or less a day (which is  a HUGE deal!) and I am hoping by the end of the month we will both say goodbye for good. Its been a major struggle, especially when I find myself getting anxious or stressed out. but I know I am strong enough to overpass it. I will get through it and I will quit. i will say if you have NEVER been a smoker than do NOT judge me. It is very difficult, and its a huge lifestyle change, and for me it was not possible overnight. 

I have been proud of the choices I have been making lately, of the opportunities that have come my way. I am working full time as a medical assistant at Park Ridge Hospital, I work mon-fri, and often get off at noon on Fridays. I am taking my certification exam next month and I am picking up on my writing again. My talent is not artistic, it is not a creativity that goes along with sewing or painting or even decorating, my talent, my passion is in my writing, in the worlds I create and the words I develop.

From my heart to yours, I hope everyone has a good week this week, and may all your dreams come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment